The registration procedure is stipulated in the chapter Registration of The Power Exchange Operational Rules (Promulg. SG 55/19 June 2020)
Initial requirements to the applicants:
- A license issued by the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC), when a license is required for the operations of the trading participant;
- Active status in the register of trading participants of Electricity System Operator EAD;
- ACER code, issued in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1227/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on wholesale energy market integrity and transparency.
The registration procedure includes the following steps:
- Submitting an Application for registration on the organized power exchange market for electricity and the appendices thereto.
The application enables the applicant to choose a market segment/s where to apply for participation and is an integral part of the Agreement for participation in the organized power exchange market for electricity.
Appendices to the application:
- Corporate standing certificate as per court registration;
- VAT registration certificate;
- Application for participation in training for operation with the electronic trading systems of the organized power exchange market for electricity (this appendix is not mandatory);
- A declaration that the applicant will purchase electricity for the purposes of their own consumption (filled in only by electricity consumers).
- Concluding an Agreement for participation in the power exchange market for electricity
- In the event that the trading participant is already registered on a market segment, part of the power exchange market for electricity, and it sends an application for registration on another market segment, the trading participant and IBEX EAD shall conclude an Annex to the Agreement for participation in the organized power exchange market for electricity.
- Providing collateral in accordance with PEOR and IBEX EAD Tariff.
Here you can find more information on settlement and collateral.
- Payment of the applicable prices in accordance with IBEX EAD Tariff
- Obtaining a certificate for successfully completed training
- The persons responsible for settlement shall have to take a course for operation with the electronic settlement systems in accordance with the Power Exchange Operational Rules and Instruction № 1 Training. The training for operation with the electronic settlement systems is free of charge.
- Provision of access
The registration procedure is successfully completed and the trading participant obtains an Active status on Intraday and Day-ahead market segments and Registered status on Bilateral contracts market segment.